Friday, June 5, 2015

Best Story EVER

I love that my daughters are learning so much at school.  I love that I'm not responsible for their education. It's all I can do to keep tabs on what they're learning, be involved in their school as much as possible, pack them a lunch, sign all the forms and remember what day it is.  I think the teachers can vouch that I maybe stopped caring a month ago.  I'm pretty sure the teachers were counting the days along with me.

I was going through the gigantic pile of crap (and by crap, I mean wonderful, heartfelt projects) that came home all year long. It took me forever to go through it because it included not one, but almost two full school years' worth of writings, art projects, you-name-it.  At the very bottom of the pile I came across a treasure. So, in honor of the end of the school year, I'm going to share the favorite of my findings with you. I'll translate in case you're not familiar with kindergartners' spelling.

It's pretty much my favorite story ever written.



the Smile fase
(The Smiley Face)
by Gertie (3/12/15)
Once upon a time, there was a smiley face that had no parents.

The smiley face found a cave and the smiley face wanted to live in it. So he did.


The smiley face went in the cave. Then the smiley face found a bear.  The bear ate the smiley face.
The End.



hapee summr!


No comments:

Post a Comment