Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pinkness

I made a dress.  I actually made it last spring for an event I went to, but I didn't have time to blog about it.  Ok, so I lied.  I did have time, I just didn't have the energy.  So I'm doing it now.

There's not really a whole lot to say about it.  My dear friend Lisa brought me 6 lovely yards of hot pink silk fabric from NYC several years ago and it's been begging to be used, but I haven't had a perfect dress for it, until I found the pattern that, of course, was ALMOST perfect.  The back was too boring, so I added a big bow and then it was perfect.  I have to say that it was really quite lovely to be wearing bright pink when almost everyone else was in black.

This dress took almost as long to iron and steam as it did to sew.

Upon arrival at the "ball."

My hottie husband and me at 2am. I got him to stay out until the wee hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment