Sunday, March 11, 2012

superheros to the rescue

A new client contacted me a month ago (well, she tried to), but being that I've been in absentia from my blog and FB page most of Feburary, I got the message on Friday. Evidently my "fantastic" customer service didn't turn her completely off to me. It turned out that she wanted cupcakes for her son's superhero birthday party, but assumed it was too late as she needed them the next day. Normally, that would be a safe assumption, but I had the afternoon off from my kids and had only planned on being lazy, so I was able to fill the order for her. I've had a break from cakes lately, so I was happy to have some time alone to be artistic.

I made a plan, bought a few supplies and went to work on the Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, and the Silver Surfer whom I'd never heard of...probably because I have girls. We know Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Hello Kitty and the like, but superheros are not really on our radar. As girly as my daughters are, they did think the superhero cupcakes turned out pretty cool.

So, here they are...

the Silver Surfer

Spiderman

Thor

Iron Man

Hulk

Captain America

This leads me to wonder why no kid ever wants a super villain birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment