Wednesday, April 18, 2012

alert the tooth fairy

I've never seen a child so excited over a loose tooth. She has been literally dancing around the house singing, "I have a loose tooth!  I have a loose tooth!" for the last several days.  It's her first.

She's been asking about the logistics of the tooth fairy:
"Where do I put the tooth?"
"How much money will she leave?"
"What happens if I lose it in the middle of the night and accidentally swallow it?"
"My friend at school said I can hide the tooth somewhere in my room and the tooth fairy will find it and leave money there."
"Would it hurt if you pulled it out with tweezers?"

Yesterday I heard her tell her little sister a secret, "The tooth fairy is really mom and dad..."

The whole thing is quite comical and quite disturbing at the same time.

The whole losing teeth thing is actually quite disgusting to me. It ranks right up there with potty training and cleaning up puke. I get totally grossed out when moms take pictures of the displaced tooth (many times in hand) and post them on Facebook. It's on par with posting a picture of a hair clog in the bathtub drain. Gross.

Anyway, to make the pending extraction a little more tolerable, I decided to make my first solo felt project.  It's not perfect, by any means, but I like it.  I know, it's hard to believe that I can't achieve perfection on my first attempt at something, but cut me a little slack...I'm gestating after all.

It was a good little project to pass the the down time today.

Down time...HA HA HA HA HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment