Saturday, April 28, 2012

confirmation of a cake

I've not done a cake for someone's confimation before, but I have to say it ended up being a very meaningful cake for me to make.  I'm always happy to do projects for a reason I believe deeply in.  And I believe deeply in Christ and the meaning of His life, death and resurrection.  I was able to explain the meaning of John 15:5 to my 5 year old and she seemed to understand it clearly.

I've said this before, but I love it when clients have a clear vision for their cake they want without it being a copy of someone else's work.  My friend Gretchen was clear about the colors, decorations and flavors of the cake.  I did a quick sketch of how I interpreted her vision and it turned out we were on the same page.

I am the Vine, you are the branches. If you
remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much
fruit.  Apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15.5






Congratulations, Teddy!  I pray that you remain in Him and that His words remain in you throughout your lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment