Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tennis, swings, ice cream, and petticoats

Several weeks ago, my mother was cleaning out her fabric bins and asked me if I wanted any of it.  I can't say "no" to fabric, so I drove to her place and found some treasures!  One of my favorites was a perfect vintage red, white and blue tennis print.  My mom thought I might like it for pj's, but the fabric was too cute not to make little tennis dresses.   I had a family photo session coming up and thought they'd make a perfect wardrobe option.  My sister-in-law is one of the most talented photographers I know and she did a great job capturing perfect moments and I loved that the girls were able to wear some of the dresses and outfits I made for them.


Tennis Dresses

Had to make one for the doll too.

She loves purple, so this little wrap-around apron dress I made for her was just up her alley.

She even picked out the fabric.  Lucky girl.

I made these dresses for them earlier this spring.  There are petticoats underneath and I love the contrast between the soft lace and bold stripes.  (I should have probably told my younger daughter that the ice cream tastes better than her fingers)

These little petticoats make me smile and the girls love wearing them.  They're so very girly.

This one was trimmed with sateen eyelet lace.

You can't tell from this particular picture, but this petticoat has chantilly and embroidered bridal lace.
You can see it better in the ice cream picture, but I love this picture so I had to share it!

There. I've shared 3 of my summer sewing projects and I can't tell you how much I love Jess's work at Olive Avenue Photography.  If you are looking for absolutely stunning pictures of your family, I cannot recommend anyone better in the area.  She's amazing and she just happens to be MY sister-in-law.  Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment