Monday, October 31, 2011

Spiders, Witches and Eyes, oh my!

I was so excited to be able to make cupcakes for my daughter's kindergarten Halloween party this year.  It was a great party and well organized.  The parents and teacher did a great job and the kids had tons of fun.  I admire kindergarten teachers on a tall pedestal level.  They have to wear dozens of hats from lovable and creative, to authoritative and organized - and everything in between.  I can't imagine what it takes to do this job, but I know I don't have the skills.  My daughter's teacher is amazing and we love her.  Every interaction I have with her makes me more thankful she is part of my daughter's life.

Ok, enough sappy gushing, let's talk about ME!  Here are the cupcakes I made for the occasion.  It was fun watching the kids' reactions.  "Oh, gross!  You're eating an eyeball?!"  I forgot that most kids don't care about the cake, they just want the frosting, so most of them ate the icing off and put the rest in a ziplock to take home.  The kids loved them, so that's all that matters, right?

EYEBALLS!
(chocolate cakes with red raspberry cream filling and purple buttercream)



WITCHES!
(Pistachio cupcakes with pistachio cream filling and electric green buttercream)



SPIDERS
(Chocolate cupcakes with electric green buttercream)




No comments:

Post a Comment