Monday, November 14, 2011

Midnight Snacks

I've been wanting to try these for a LONG time, but haven't had the energy for it until this week.  You'd think I'd find a different weekend than the one I have to make 6 dozen cupcakes for different events and people, but no, no.  I'm crazy like that.

And let's face it, I secretly also want everyone to think I'm a super star and a little superhuman.  Don't pretend you wouldn't wish it.

I call these little cakes Midnight Snacks.  They have everything you need for a late night snack:  dark chocolate, vanilla ice cream, potato chips and soda - or pop for the mid-westerners (I'm so with you guys) or Coke for the southerners (ya'll are a little weird).  Salty, sweet and plenty of chocolate!


These are divinely dark chocolate cupcakes filled with sweet vanilla cream (my take on ice cream), with chocolate cola flavored buttercream and topped off with chocolate covered kettle potato chips.  What could be better?


(And don't worry, you southern folks, when I lived there, for a season of life, I called all pop Coke too.  I remember the first time I asked for a Coke at a restaurant and the server asked me "what kind?"  It took me a while to get it, but I eventually learned to fit in.  People make fun of us mid-westerners for calling everything "pop" too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment