Saturday, October 31, 2015

Fall Confirmation


I started making this confirmation cake by making the cross and the scroll with Joshua 1:9 on it.  In the middle of my day when I had just finished up the scroll, I got a call from the school nurse telling me that my daughter was in the office and had hurt her arm during recess.  I quickly brushed the cornstarch and powdered sugar off my shirt and sweatpants and jumped in the car.  I'll spare you the details, but she ended up with a cast on her left forearm.  While we were waiting for Xrays, I showed her a picture I'd snapped of the scroll and she read it.  We discussed how this was one of those wonderful promises from God that we could cling to during bad times like this.  We really can be very courageous when we know that God is with us wherever we go.  She especially liked the cake because she got the first preview of it and the verse was a good fit for her situation.

My neighbor, who was confirmed on Sunday, ordered a cake in one of my favorite flavor combinations: lemon with raspberry cream filling.  Her favorite color is red and she opted for something a little more unique than a typical white background, so I incorporated the beautiful colors of the season with red flowers on a fall green palate.  I have to admit...I kind of love it.


Congratulations, Nicole!  May you be strong and courageous, not discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.  He loves you!



No comments:

Post a Comment